#1 Sparks

Sparks

Atlantis Author

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  • Interests:Cocoa, Obj-C, iPhone, horses, writing

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

• GENERAL: Rewritten ANSI engine, now supports 256-color ANSI properly.
  • GENERAL: Rewritten Unicode engine, to deal with UTF-8 buffer errors when network engine truncates a line mid-character. (This occurred most prominently on MUX 2.7 and later.)
  • GENERAL: Character set will not autonegotiate if one is set manually.

I do have a few other things I'm still going to look at for a (hopefully quick) 0.9.9.1, but because people have been waiting for that 256-color support for a while (hi, River!), and the Unicode buffer issue was causing trouble for MUX 2.x users (due to the use of multibyte dashes for @mail borders), so I felt it was important to get 0.9.9.0 out with the new text/network engine and the ANSI fixes. :)

I am finding it harder and harder to build Atlantis, alas, from a practical standpoint; in order to still build with support for Panther, I have to use a Leopard machine, but in order to build Snow Leopard support, I have to build part of the program on Snow Leopard. This means every time I want to make a new build to debug, I have to do half of the process on my Mac Pro (Snow Leopard) and half on an earlier machine. As a result, I'm seriously considering killing Panther support in the next few months, simply so the process of debugging and building doesn't require me to run back and forth between two machines. If this would affect you, WEIGH IN on the 'Fate of Panther' thread in General Discussion. :)
Rachel "Sparks" Blackman
Riverdark Studios

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users