3 replies to this topic

#1 Trace

Trace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:55 PM

I've got a curious, low-priority bug to report. Not even sure if it qualifies for the word 'bug'. I t could even be intended to work this way for a reason I don't understand. I'm reporting it just in case.

When you mouse over the output OR input window, your mouse cursor (logically) changes its type to a text selection cursor. Awesome.

But it's black. And it doesn't show up very well.

How is this a bug and not a feature request?

When you scroll (at least with the two-finger scroll on my MacBook Pro, haven't tried actual mice), it changes from the hard-to-see black cursor, to a MUCH nicer white one! It kinda makes me think that the white one was intended, but something happened along the way to stop it changing colours.

Again, this is very minor. It doesn't REALLY hurt anything or make the program less usable in any way. Just an aesthetic quirk that I noticed. I thought I'd bring it up.

#2 Sparks

Sparks

Atlantis Author

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  • Interests:Cocoa, Obj-C, iPhone, horses, writing

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:58 PM

Unfortunately, this is a side effect; the white version of the i-beam cursor I set doesn't always 'take' until certain mouse events trigger it. If anyone has a good workaround for this issue, let me know. The only method I've ever found requires Tiger or later to work, and so can't compile if I build Atlantis with Panther support. (If I take the plunge and kill Panther support, it'll be an easy fix.)
Rachel "Sparks" Blackman
Riverdark Studios

#3 Trace

Trace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:59 AM

Really appreciate the reply, since this was so minor. :)

That's good to know. I actually still use Panther on my ten-year-old iMac server computer, but as long as there's an old version kept on the download page for it I will not lose any sleep if support for Panther in new versions is dropped.

Keep up the awesome work, Sparks.

#4 Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:45 AM

Unfortunately, this is a side effect; the white version of the i-beam cursor I set doesn't always 'take' until certain mouse events trigger it. If anyone has a good workaround for this issue, let me know. The only method I've ever found requires Tiger or later to work, and so can't compile if I build Atlantis with Panther support. (If I take the plunge and kill Panther support, it'll be an easy fix.)

I have the same problem with that nearly invisible black I-beam. Perhaps you should take a poll of your registered users to see how much of a crimp you would hvae by dropping Panther. I have poor eyesight as it is. I don't need to compound the problem by hunting for a shy I-beam. :D

Many thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)