• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Anjela

Anjela

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:09 AM

After the sixth and final death of my trusty old laptop, I'm on a new MacBook Pro running 10.7. I installed Atlantis, but when I went to transfer my old scripts from my backup drive, I found that there is no Atlantis folder in my Library. I tried making one, and a Scripts folder inside that, but the .pms I have in there don't have any effect on the program, even after re-saving them and restarting Atlantis. Am I missing something obvious here?

#2 Sparks

Sparks

Atlantis Author

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts
  • Interests:Cocoa, Obj-C, iPhone, horses, writing

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:02 PM

Atlantis' Perl support will, unfortunately, not work on Lion.

There's a couple other threads about this, but the short form is that Atlantis' Perl support comes from a toolkit called CamelBones that was written by my friend Sherm Pendley. Sherm was working on a version of CB that would support Lion (and in fact would be rewritten to support future versions of the OS smoothly as well), but he was unexpectedly taken from us on July 9th. A couple of Sherm's friends have discussed whether one of us should take over maintenance of CamelBones as a sort of memorial to our friend, but as Sherm's code seems to have been lost along with Sherm himself, we've increasingly realized it would be a non-trivial task to recreate and keep it compatible. (In other words, any one of us would have to drop one of their own other projects to take on CamelBones; it's not a spare-time project.)

As such, I'll probably leave CamelBones support in place for earlier versions of the OS, and transition to just the Lua support for Lion and later (and perhaps add Python or Ruby or something as a second option).
Rachel "Sparks" Blackman
Riverdark Studios

#3 Anjela

Anjela

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

I think I knew that, I just hadn't connected it with my issue. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, and thanks for the quick response!

#4 gnome power

gnome power

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

Atlantis' Perl support will, unfortunately, not work on Lion.

There's a couple other threads about this, but the short form is that Atlantis' Perl support comes from a toolkit called CamelBones that was written by my friend Sherm Pendley. Sherm was working on a version of CB that would support Lion (and in fact would be rewritten to support future versions of the OS smoothly as well), but he was unexpectedly taken from us on July 9th. A couple of Sherm's friends have discussed whether one of us should take over maintenance of CamelBones as a sort of memorial to our friend, but as Sherm's code seems to have been lost along with Sherm himself, we've increasingly realized it would be a non-trivial task to recreate and keep it compatible. (In other words, any one of us would have to drop one of their own other projects to take on CamelBones; it's not a spare-time project.)

As such, I'll probably leave CamelBones support in place for earlier versions of the OS, and transition to just the Lua support for Lion and later (and perhaps add Python or Ruby or something as a second option).

Hi Sparks,

I've been having issues with the Lua. It seems like there are some other people here who have been able to get it to work, but I can't seem to be able to.

Is there any kind of example script you've got that I can use to do a quick check and see if I'm doing anything obvious wrong?

It seems like a pretty fundamental problem because it's saying it can't find AtlantisState, which as far as I can tell only gets called in the package file Atlantis.lua.

I posted about it here but was not able to get a response.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users