• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Afterlife

Afterlife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

I am trying to make an alias with a variable target system. I would like to have it work like this, if I were to type lets say "bl (targets name)" it would then set that target in the variable and send text to the world "party emote is blinding (recall target name from variable)" I have tried many different things and am unfortunately not overly educated in perl script, any help with this would be very much appreciated. Thank you for your time in advance.

#2 Sparks

Sparks

Atlantis Author

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts
  • Interests:Cocoa, Obj-C, iPhone, horses, writing

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

This could honestly be done without Perl; keep in mind Perl won't work under Lion, because CamelBones never got updated for Lion when Sherm passed away. :(

To do it just using the Atlantis action system, if the target doesn't need to be stored between multiple runs, I would just do something like an alias of 'bl' and then make the actions:

Send text to world: party emote is blinding %{command.data}
Send text to world: blind %{command.data}

Then 'bl giant aardvark' would send: 'party emote is blinding giant aardvark' and 'blind giant aardvark' to the game. Does that help at all?
Rachel "Sparks" Blackman
Riverdark Studios

#3 Afterlife

Afterlife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

This could honestly be done without Perl; keep in mind Perl won't work under Lion, because CamelBones never got updated for Lion when Sherm passed away. :(

To do it just using the Atlantis action system, if the target doesn't need to be stored between multiple runs, I would just do something like an alias of 'bl' and then make the actions:

Send text to world: party emote is blinding %{command.data}
Send text to world: blind %{command.data}

Then 'bl giant aardvark' would send: 'party emote is blinding giant aardvark' and 'blind giant aardvark' to the game. Does that help at all?

Thank you Sooo much, I was thinking I needed a wild card like in vbscript. this works exe lent :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users